Are you open after hours or on the weekend?

We are available for after-hours appointments and week-ends (By appointment)

What is the fee?

The fees vary depending on service required. Fee's start from of $130.00. Medicare rebates and private health rebates may apply. Call us for a quote on the exact cost of your counselling visit.

Do you bulk bill?

We provide a bulk billing service in some circumstances for individuals who hold a health-care card, or are struggling financially.

Do I need a referral?

You do not need a referral to access our counselling service. You will need to see your GP if you wish to claim a rebate from Medicare (see below for more information)

Can I claim a rebate when I see a mental health social worker or psychologist?

You are able to claim a rebate from Medicare when you see a Mental Health Social Worker or Registered Psychologist. To obtain a rebate, you first need to see your GP and obtain a Mental Health Care Plan. This plan will enable you to obtain a rebate from Medicare for your counselling service. When claiming a rebate, you will still need to pay the full fee at the time of your booking, after which you can take your receipt to Medicare for partial reimbursement. Please talk to us if you any further information or clarification.

What does the Medicare rebate provide?

Eligible patients can obtain a rebate for up to 6 sessions initially, and a further 4 sessions (if applicable). When you see a Registered Psychologist, you will be entitled to a Medicare rebate of approximately $84.80 per session. When you see a Mental Health Social Worker you will be entitled to approximately $74.80 per session. Talk to you GP about a referral.

Can I claim from my private health fund?

Many private health funds in Australia cover psychology services as part of their Extras cover. Please make your own enquiries with your Health Fund to determine whether or not your policy covers you, and to what extent. Each policy is different.

Is my counselling session confidential?

The information discussed in your counselling session is entirely confidential and will not be released to anyone except with your express permission. The only time a practitioner may release information to authorities is if they feel your life or someone else’s life is in immediate danger, if they are mandated to report the abuse of a child, or the records fall under legal subpoena from a court of law.

What support can you offer our Employees?

Advanced Wellbeing offers an Employee Assistance Counselling Program (EAP) to employees of large and small organisations. Through this program we are able to offer one on one counselling for employees experiencing a wide range of concerns including stress, anger, bullying, trauma and grief. Please contact for more information about our service.

What group programs are available?

We offer a variety of group based programs for organisations, professionals and service consumers. These include Mindfulness (Towards a More Contented Life), Drug and Alcohol Recovery, Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse, and Partners in Depression. Please contact us for more information on any of these services.

How do I refer to Advance Wellbeing?

You can self refer by contacting Jack or Rosie or your GP can refer you by sending a Mental Health Care Plan through Medical Objects or be email (see contact)

© 2020 - Advance Wellbeing